Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Find Happiness In Other's Smile

They say parenting is no easy job! Try to teach him/her all the good habits and fill them with all the sanskaar possible is a common advice all the mothers get. Being a new mom I know that feeling myself. But my mother's approach was always different, its still is. She says a child learns more from what he/she watches than whats taught to them and here is a clear example of that.
It was a sunny day of 2003, we had to go shopping for my birthday dress. We were hopping stores, buying stuff it was just a perfect day. After 60% of our shopping done, we were thirsty so decided to got to a nearby shop. Mom drank Coke while I drank Frooti and we were about to pay the shopkeeper and leave when mom said 5 more Frooties, I thought we are taking it home for brothers, we stepped out of the shop.

"Let's cross the road", said mom.
"But we still have shopping to do" I queried 
"I know" I followed her.
There was about 5 Rickshawalas standing in a row waiting for passengers. Mom handed one Frooti each to all 5 of them, she said " It's too hot, it will help" and left. 
I turned back to them while we were heading back to shopping. Each one of them were wearing a broad smile and a face full of gratitude.I smiled back at them.
"It was a nice gesture, mom"
"Look beta, we spend Rs.50 all the time, we are least bothered about Rs.50 being used in what way in a day! But this 50 rupees clenched the thirst of 5 very tired humans. They are not just happy as they got a cold drink in a hot day, they are now equally happy that humanity is still alive. And beta I bet on this, at least one among the 5 will have so much impact about this that he will help a poorer person in need when the time comes."
"The more you help people, the more people want to help other people, its viral! ".
That day I learnt true meaning of "Sharing is caring" If you share a little of whatever god has blessed you with, you are caring for humanity! Always help others, you will feel content. "

That's the best advice #MyFirstExpert my mom gave to me, and I am proud of her. 

This post is dedicated to Godrej's #MyFirstExpert Contest



No comments:

Post a Comment